Brickell Bank is currently recruiting for an AMl/BSA/OFAC Compliance Transaction Monitoring Analyst to join its team of Compliance Professionals.
- Take ownership for identifying and mitigating risk within assigned areas of responsibility and for supporting risk mitigation across the business.
- Maintain regulatory awareness and compliance and ensure adherence to risk-related policies and best practices.
- Investigate and assess alerts for potential red flags and money laundering risks.
- Ensure proper investigation of suspicious transactions or money laundering alerts in accordance to the Bank’s policies, procedures, and regulatory standards.
- Conduct research utilizing the various Bank repositories, as well as the Internet and Public Databases.
- Communicate and work with various Client Facing Associates in order to obtain additional supporting information with respect to clients when appropriate.
- Ensure timely and effective transaction analysis in order to identify potential unusual activity.
- Properly complete a Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) for Management review and agreement. Compile client and transactional analysis with a well supported outcome.
- Maintain a current understanding of money laundering and terrorist financing issues, including policies, procedures, regulations, industry best practice, criminal typologies and developing trends.
- Assist in identifying systemic procedural weaknesses and additional training requirements for the Bank.
- Timely execution of instructions received from AML Compliance Officer and/or Team Lead.
- Perform other special projects or assignments, as requested.
- Strong Interpersonal Relations – Exhibit respect and understanding of others to maintain professional relationships.
- Communication – Organize ideas, including summarizing, and explain them concisely.
- Problem Solving – Solves problems while ensuring rules and directives are followed.
- Compliance Governance – Working knowledge of regulatory requirements and
- Demonstrate an ability to analyze and resolve complex issues.
- Risk Management & Assessment – Taking action to evaluate and minimize risks to the Bank.
- Data Analytics – Demonstrate ability for processing, collecting, organizing and analyzing data.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in reviewing and performing AML transactional monitoring.
- Knowledgeable of the laws applicable to money laundering, including the Bank Secrecy Act, the US Patriot Act, US Treasury AML guidelines, OFAC, and Suspicious Activity Reporting.
- Experience with automated tran monitoring solutions (FCRM/AML Manager a plus)
- Strong analytical skills required to organize and analyze multiple, complex data sets as well as strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Computer literacy essential (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Solid database skills.
- Strong technical and research skills.
- General understanding of market place AML issues and AML suspicious activity transaction monitoring systems, data mining/analytical tools, and KYC automated solutions is helpful.
- Ability to quickly grasp and understand business unit specific AML risks.
- Excellent writing, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to understand and draw conclusions from research conducted.
- Flexible and resilience in working on a rapidly changing, ever-evolving systems, process and environment.
- Proactive, self-motivator, self-starter, result driven out of the box thinker.
- Demonstrate a desire for excellence and efficiency.
- Fluency in Spanish or Portuguese a plus.
At Brickell Bank, we are proud to take on the challenges of today’s competitive banking industry and we continue to place great emphasis on what matters most to our clients: peace of mind and confidence in their financial management decisions. Services are underpinned by our commitment to excellence in customer service and quality financial solutions. Our four primary business lines are Wealth Management, Personal Banking, Residential Lending, Corporate Banking & Commercial Real Estate and Trade Finance.
Brickell Bank is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.